ssh(d)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 16 14:01:57 PST 2001

On January 14, 2001 06:45 pm, Andy Goth wrote:
> Quick question:
>
> (This came out of NOWHERE.  I don't know what I did to cause this!)
>
> I can ssh out perfectly well, but I can't ssh back into this computer (from
> localhost or anywhere else).

Before you try anything else (after reading all the replies so far) try this:

kill sshd

now run it with:

sshd -d

this will run sshd in foreground. Go to diff. terminal, logon to it. Run ssh
-v localhost and see waht happens on your ssh output and also check your sshd
output. The sshd output will probably give you more info

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org