Two small questions

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 17 02:27:07 PST 2001

> First, when I shut down, is there anyway to get linux to actually send a
> termination to the power supply so it can actually shut down? (W2k does
> this all time, whether I want it to or not).  And yes, my system IS ATX

If simply enabling ACPI or APM doesn't work, you may need to do the same as
me. Enable APM, and select "Use real mode BIOS calls". According to the
kernel docs, it's due to a buggy BIOS.

> 2nd, how would I mount my CD-ROM?  This was something I wasn't sure about
> since there is normally a dev file for cd-roms.  Any suggestions?

Identify the appropriate device, and add it to your /etc/fstab. I don't know
much about SCSI devices, but it'll be something like /dev/sd?. Assuming it's
sda, the fstab entry will be something like this:

/dev/sda /mnt/cdrom  iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0

Then, run 'mount /mnt/cdrom' - assuming, of course, that the mountpoint
exists.

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org