Installing Bash

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Wed Jan 17 11:08:48 PST 2001

Have you read chapter 2, in particular the section "How to install the
software" which begins with:

<quote>
Before you can actually start doing something with a package, you need to
unpack it first. Often you will find the package files being tar'ed and
gzip'ed (you can determind this by looking at the extension of the file.
tar'ed and gzip'ed archives have a .tar.gz or .tgz extension for example)).
I'm not going to write down every time how to ungzip and how to untar an
archive. I will tell you how to do that once, in this paragraph.
</quote>