Installing Bash

Chad Simmons hoopak at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 17 11:26:12 PST 2001

From: Steve Brown <lukkystarr at yahoo.com>
>To: lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org
>Subject: Re: Installing Bash
>Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:59:16 -0500
>
>No, I haven't extracted anything because I am following the book
>explicitly.  It says I can do this with any Linux installed, and I followed
>the directions up through chapter five.  There was nothing in the book told
>me to do that, so I didn't.  Am I missing something here?

Ah, then that explains it.. You should go back and read this section. As you
have most likely forgotten to do these steps before you did the ./configure
bit..

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/view/intel-2.4.3/ch02-install.html

It explains what you have to do to un tar/gzip/bzip2 a package and how to cd
into the packages base dir. Once that's done you can continue with the
directions in chapter 5. *Remember you have to follow the directions in
ch02-install.html once for each package before you proceed with the
configuring and makeing instructions.

Chad Simmons