Installing Bash

Steve Brown lukkystarr at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 11:58:52 PST 2001

I get it!  I thought the directions were for an idiot that has a so-so basic
knowledge of Linux, so I took everything literally.  It never told me to unpack
them, so I never did.  I'll give it a whirl and see what's up.   I must say, I'm
impressed I've received none of the sarcastic msgs I expected because of my
obvious ineptness at Linux.  If anyone reading this thread has been frustrated
by my lack of knowledge, it hasn't shown.

Has anyone ever tried this on a clean system, with nothing more than empty Linux
partitions?  That would be a real learning experience I think.