package managers

John Croteau johnc at geekopolis.com
Wed Jan 17 13:14:10 PST 2001

I'm curious to know what folks are using to maintain applications
they have installed after they have built their respective LFS systems?

I always want to have several small base systems, one for each CPU I
could ever think of running Linux on, archived onto a CD with boot, root,
and utility floppies necessary to partition, format, and unpack the
base system from the CD.  I want applications, such as X11, gimp, etc.
packaged seperately.

On a similar note, is anyone still using gnu stow to manage /usr/local ?

Thanks

---
  John T. Croteau, Professional Geek     mailto:johnc at geekopolis.com
  Minneapolis, MN