Open and closed source...

Steve Hayashi sth at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 17 18:28:10 PST 2001

I'm switching this over to apps.

I'll put this in a simple way.  Suppose, Microsoft HAD ripped the code of
someone else?  They could say, "so what are you going to do about
it?"  Very few people have the time and/or money to do battle with an
industry giant.  And if MS won, it could destroy the GNU community.

Frightening thought, isn't it?

-Steve