German keyboard annoyances

Daniel Roethlisberger admin at roe.ch
Thu Jan 18 09:54:16 PST 2001

Hiya,

a second annoyance is that on the console, some keys don't work,
instead they produce a beep and a tilde (~). Those keys are,
amongst others, Insert and Delete (-not- those on the numpad).

I assume I am using the correct keymap for a Swiss-German
keyboard (sg-latin1). That's the keymap I've always used on my
Linux boxes.

Anybody out there experienceing similar problems? Any idea on
what the problem might be? Has the locale got anything to do with
keyboard input? What else did I miss?

Cheers,
Dan

--