kernel 2.4, gcc 2.95.2.1, glibc 2.2.1

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Thu Jan 18 15:24:09 PST 2001

I compiled from a system with gcc-2.95.2.1, linux-2.4.0 and make-3.79.1
(only upgrades I made to a slackware 7.1 instalation) already on it - but
the system was glibc-2.1.3.  It was certainly not the linux-2.4 headers.  I
know that you need to have more modern tools or the configure script in
glibc-2.2.1 will complain.  I really think that you have somehow adultured
your system somehow with the wrong headers.  My builds are automated by a
group of makefiles and patches that I have generated.  It works pretty
well - although it still requires some interaction.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net