[OT] RE: Open and closed source...

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jan 19 01:56:54 PST 2001

> It's the OS & Office suite side I don't care for.  We used to have Office
> '97 here where I work, but last year we upgraded to Office 2000.  Aside
> from appearance changes, I found no new features that made me say "How did
> I ever get along without this?"  Rather, they removed one of the features
> that I depended on daily. <sniff>

Actually, I've found most of the Office apps - Word and Excel in particular -
to be extremely good. They're getting a bit bloated and over-featured as new
versions are released, but I have to say I've never seen any word processor
as comfortable to use as Word. I don't like Office 2000 much, but '97 is very
usable.

As for MS hardware, I use a trackball, and a natural keyboard. I've been
using both for a while now, and never had any problems.

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org