[OT] RE: Open and closed source...

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Fri Jan 19 08:44:26 PST 2001

> From: lfs-apps-owner at linuxfromscratch.org
> [mailto:lfs-apps-owner at linuxfromscratch.org]On Behalf Of Tony
> Karakashian

> >> Rather, they removed one of the features that I depended on daily.
> <sniff>
>
> I'm curious, which one?

When you're in Word's "Open" dialog, you can create and save searches, which
you can access later without having to make your way through all the
directories and change the filetypes every time.  It _used_ to be that I
could click on a button in the "Open Data Source" dialog (I do lots of Mail
Merges) and access a cascading menu with all my saved searches which took me
to the right folder and set Word to list *.DBF files.  Now it's no longer
available as a cascading menu, and it takes many more clicks for me to do
the same thing... Oh well, at least it only takes an extra 10 seconds or so.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org