quote properly (here's the internet-police)

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Fri Jan 19 13:35:08 PST 2001

Use compression with your connection.  Text compresses down to near nothing.
Most dialup providers use PPP header compression and it is seemless.  If you
don't have this option - you could get really creative and pipe all your
mail access through a SSH tunnel which you can compress (I do this from work
to poke through the firewall).

Also, I don't like to quote below - because then people have to look through
the posting to find where the comment is - and it is often just deleted.
Occasionally, I will post through a message as I comment individual portions
of the message.

I don't mean to sound contradictory on this - but I don't agree with a
"dress code" for posting.  Posters should use common sense.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net