Anyone successfully installed bind (any version)....

Sean Malloy smalloy at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 19 23:15:30 PST 2001

Well, on the LFS system it would be /var/log/daemon.log

on your average linux system, /var/log/messages

named will write its startup init there.. if it finds anything wrong with
any config files/zone files, thats where it will write it, so thats where
you should look

(unless ofcourse you changed syslogd to log named messages somewhere
else...)

bind 8 would always write a "warning" message when it loaded zones without
$TTL set (Ok maybe not always, but 8.2.2 sure did)