RFC from the list

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Jan 20 23:02:16 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:39:04AM -0500, Doug Semig wrote:
> Regarding qmail, I don't understand why anyone would claim it's
> anti-unix-like.  It's as complex as any given unix command (if not moreso)
> and on some days it can be just about as intimidating as sed or awk.
> Perhaps even more complex since it's implemented as a whole slew of programs!

Regarding qmail's "anti-unix-like", It's configuration.

Like i said, i haven't had much experience with it and that's just my
opinion, i do plan on taking the time to properlly test qmail, but that
extra time i don't have (nor do i have a production box i may test it on
:)

Either way, i know _lots_ of people that swear by qmail, so it has to be
good, in it's own way... =)  But for me, so far, postfix has worked
great, lets not fight about a small little comment i made, k? :)

PS, Postfix is meant as a drop in replacement for sendmail, it can even
read sendmail's configuration files, etc...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org