RFC from the list

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jan 21 09:35:27 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 06:11:56AM -0600, scott thomason wrote:
> Qmail can read (at the very least) sendmail alias files. If you're going to use an alternative MTA, dunno why you would want to keep sendmail's hideous conf files anyway. Qmail also installs a sendmail binary as an imposter so you don't have to change things like the "mail" command, etc.

I dunno why one would want to keep it around either, i was just added a
bit of information for Jason if he hadn't allready known yet, Postfix
also provides a sendmail binary so you don't have to change _anything_
(which like i said, includes configuration, using /usr/bin/sendmail like
you would normally, etc :)

Anyways, no need for a flame war, i think we all can agree that _bough_
postfix and qmail are very good choices when it comes to an alternative to
sendmail, which you use, pretty well comes down to personal preference..

That's the beauty of GNU/Linux/Unix... you actually have a choice, but
not just a choice, very good alternate choice(s) =)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org