'make install' problem with XFree86 4.0.2

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sun Jan 21 09:48:59 PST 2001

Yo,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 01:57:18PM +0000, C . D . McDiarmid wrote:
> mv: libOSMesa.so.3.3~: No such file or directory
<snip>
> Is this because libOSMesa is missing, has been deleted or perhaps because it
> wasn't built?

Ahh-hah! so i'm not the only one that's seen this problem before.

I wasted about 8 hours on this problem right before i left for my road
trip threee weeks ago, bough using X402 and CVS (at the time) trying to
get it to work.

I had no problem whatsoever installing X401 before on my laptop, now i
was reinstalling (i can't remenber if i removed the old X or not, but
i'm pretty sure) X402/CVS after a X401 install.

I really don't know what the problem is..but i'll find out sooner or
later, as i'm going todo ALFS on my laptop soon (i want Antialiasing
fonts with KDE2 like Remenic has!, http://remenic.2y.net/antialiasing/
*sniff*) so i'll keep and eye out during the X install.

I dunno... ya know..now that i think about it, yes, i had remove
everything, X, KDE, Licq, etc everything that i was going to recompile,
i'm glad i had made backups before trying to compile X402/CVS :) so i
didn't have anything X related installed...hrm......

Anyways, i'm rambling again... time to sign off..

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org