[OT] RE: Open and closed source...

SamBC sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 03:37:12 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Geard" <delgarde at ihug.co.nz>

> I've used StarOffice before, but didn't like it that much. It may look
a lot
> like MS Office, but it lacks the polished feel that Microsoft's apps
have.
> Ditto Wordperfect - I've used both Windows and Linux versions of that,
and
> they simply don't feel as usable.

Why? Because they have no talking paperclip or suchlike??? The only
functionality fundamentally different in MSOffice is the extremely
well-developed (in terms of maturity, not quality) of VBA. I'd rather
have the option of writing custom modules in C++, or Java at a push. OS
lets you do that, theoretically at least. And I believe they both have
perfectly good macro languages built in anyway...

SamBC

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org