RFC from the list

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Jan 22 03:45:35 PST 2001

Yo,

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 04:22:24AM -0500, Pawel wrote:
> I'm intrested in trying out Postfix myself, from what I read on their
> website it seems very promising. One thing I didn't see mentioned is the
> relaying problem. We need to allow relaying so that users can send e-mail
> from their home pcs, and thus we were listed in the orbs ( www.orbs.org )
> database. ORBS suggestes the DRAC mail.cc.umanitoba.ca/drac/ tool for hosts
> that need open relays. My question is, can Postfix work with DRAC? Or is
> there another solution to this ?

Personally i think the "relaying problem" is a good thing and yeah DRAC
is problably the best way go about it.

The only think i don't like about DRAC is that it's RPC/Portmap (bleck!)
but part from that, it's as simple as installing DRAC, changing one line
in Postfix's main configuration file (/etc/postfix/main.cf) and
patch'ing your POP3/IMAP server.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org