XDM locks after logout

dabad at airtel.net dabad at airtel.net
Mon Jan 22 14:39:56 PST 2001

Hello everybody,

I have build all LFS-2.4.3 basic system software, plus X 4.0.2, KDE
2.0.1 with lesstif and openssl/openssh. Everything works fine, so I
must say LFS-book and its Hints (included of course Sergey's one) are
great.

My problem appeared when I tried to run XDM or KDM. I found nothing on
the entire Web about it: after logout from KDE, TWM, XSM or whatever
window manager I start from XDM/KDM, my keyboard and mouse locks. When
I move the physical mouse (the pointer is locked) around the XDM login
widget I receive the following message in the console started from
XSetup_0: LookupDeviceIntRec id=0x8 not found.

However, this problem does not appear if I close the window manager by
reseting the X server (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace)

Mouse is connected to ttyS0 and keyboard to the PS/2 port.

I start XDM/KDM from /etc/inittab like:
xdm:5:respawn:/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon or
kdm:5:respawn:/usr/kde/bin/kdm -nodaemon

I have not changed any X or KDE configuration files (included Xsession,
Xsetup_0, etc.)

I would appreciate any clues you can send me about this issue.

Regards,

Daniel Abad.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org