-march=xxx

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 23 15:26:02 PST 2001

On January 23, 2001 03:02 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> The right answer from three different directions. Thank you.
>
> Can someone eMail the book people with a suggestion to put "uname -m"
> into Chapter 6 in either Debugging symbols and compiler optimizations or
> in Creating $LFS/root/.bash_profile so that I don't bother you again?

"the book people" you mean the people writing the LFS book? Just post your
message to this list (or lfs-discuss, depending on the nature of the email)
and I will read it.

About the whole -march thing. It has been removed from 2.4.4 (which was
released about 5 minutes ago) because all that optimization causes more grief
that worth often. It doesn't matter if you are already using it, I do suggest
removing the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS variables from your $LFS/root/.bash_profile
files. Not using those values increases your success in creating a very
stable LFS system.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org