Copying the LFS System to a second disk

Torsten Westermann westermann at linux-provider.net
Tue Jan 23 16:28:27 PST 2001

Here is my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
#compact       # faster, but won't work on all systems.
vga = ask    # force sane state
read-only
prompt
timeout=100
# End LILO global Section
#
image = /kernel/vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hda10
  label = lfs
image = /kernel/vmlinuz
  root = /dev/hdb3
  label = linux

After copying the lfs-system to another hdd runs /sbin/lilo -L (i have lba32
activated ; -L !) and reboot the system. All root-filesystems are reiserfs
filesystems.

Yes, my kernel is under /kernel not /boot; my problem is, that the most
UNIX-Systems stores their kernel under /kernel. And i configure my systems
similar than the systems at work.