AW: Copying the LFS System to a second disk

Larry Greenwald lcgreenwald at tcinternet.net
Tue Jan 23 18:57:11 PST 2001

Put a blank floppy in the working machine.
dd if=/boot/lfskernel of=/dev/fd0  (copies your kernel to the floppy)
rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda (sets the kernel on the floppy to use /dev/hda as root)
boot the new machine with the boot floppy
edit lilo.conf and re-run lilo
new machine should boot now.

good luck
LG