'make install' problem with XFree86 4.0.2(update)

C.D.McDiarmid cliffy at cliffhangers.screaming.net
Wed Jan 24 05:54:53 PST 2001

> I had similar problems installing GL (an i had no GL symlink in my
> include dirs. I went from a non-GL to a GL system) which were related to
> a minor problem in one of the Makefile files in xc/lib/GL (or a subdir
> thereof).
>
> Enter the xc/lib/GL directory and run 'make' in it. You'll probably get
> an error, fix it and that may all be you need to fix (it was enough for
> me anyway)

I've been investigating the problem(emailed programmers)hence the time taken
to reply.  The GL symlink wasn't important in this case.   Neither was the
makefile in /xc/lib/GL/glx (this was the subdir. Gerard).   The problem was a
solved by a simple kernel upgrade, in this case to one I had available -
2.4test11.   The libOSmesa lib. compiled first time.   This might work for
Jessie, who was having a similar problem.   Thanks for the help.

MAC

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org