Shoul I use 2.4?

Casey Bralla Vorlon at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Jan 24 07:04:44 PST 2001

I'm new to this list, so please pardon me if this question has been
asked before....

I'm just about to start building my LFS (I've downloaded the sources
and set up my empty partition).  is it worth the effort to go to
kernel 2.4, or should I stay with 2.1.18 as recommended?

I'd like the latest & greatest, but wonder if I'd be going into
uncharted territory with the new kernel.

I'm relatively good at Linux, but still feel like a newbie (I like
Linux because it's like a fractal:  No matter how deep you go, there's
always more!)

Casey Bralla
Vorlon at dcn.davis.ca.us

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org