Terminfo for vi and less?

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Wed Jan 24 18:07:46 PST 2001

On 24 Jan 2001, scott thomason wrote:

> Greetings. I'm trying to setup vi and less so that when they exit,
> they don't leave their output on the terminal. I really like this
> feature, but it's not present in the base LFS install. I've looked and
> looked, and this is what I know so far:

I'd like to do just the opposite!

It seems that with some terminal emulators this is the standard behaviour.
With rxvt and konsole it does; with kvt and some others it doesn't (I'm
not sure if I have that right).

I am using rxvt because it has other features that I like, and I live with
the screen clearing. Ideally, I'd like to be able to specify whether or
not to use this behaviour at invocation time.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org