RFC from the list

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Jan 25 06:23:15 PST 2001

Yo,

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 08:31:25AM -0500, Pawel wrote:
> So that seems to solve the problem, if anyone wants to send before they
> receive they'll have to set up SMTP AUTH in their client and it'll work, and
> DRAC will take care of everyone else.
> Now, what about adding just mail users, and not system users? Most of the
> users on our system will only need mail access, and very few will need ftp.
> We thought about just dumping all the mail users in the same homedirectory,
> setting /dev/null for their shell, and so on... But it would be better, I
> think, if we could only add them for the mail deamons, and not for the whole
> system. Some one mentioned that qmail can do that, what about Postifx ?

I haven't explorer actually having non-system users.. i just set the
shell to /usr/bin/passwd and limit there home dir to /home/users, not
the perfect setup, but it works for me..

There isn't a native solution to this (as far as i've seen), but there
are patch'es floating around..lemme see.. uh..can't find any right now,
alltough i do know a few that would access a SQL Database (MySQL), i
can't find the URL right now, but they also had patch'es for proftpd,
etc and a few others. (at the same site)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org