-march=xxx

Chris Snyder csnyder at mvpsoft.com
Thu Jan 25 09:08:44 PST 2001

> The k6 is similar to a PII, and has MMX.  The k6-2 added 3dNow!

Clock for clock, a K6 will not even be able to outperform a Pentium I.
I had a Pentium 133 that was faster than a K6 233.

The main problem with the K6's is their floating-point performance is
terrible.  It has something to do with how many clock cycles it takes:
I think a Pentium takes 1, a K6 2, and a Cyrix 4, or something like that.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org