No Images in the Gnome Panel (Taskbar)

Shlok Smári Datye shlok at ript.net
Sat Jan 27 02:10:01 PST 2001

Hi

I installed Gnome. I can't see any images (icons) in the taskbar. Instead, I
get white text with black background saying "Menu", "Control Center",
"Netscape", etc.
While configuring imlib in the installation process, I noticed a message
like "JPEG lib not found: Imlib will not compile with native JPEG support".
I don't know why this appeared because I installed Jpeglib, so I just
ignored it. Do you think this warning has something to do with it?

If anyone has got this error before, could you tell me how you solved it?

Thanks.
--
Shlok Smári Datye
http://shlok.ript.net/