need help compiling ispell (spell-checker)

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 09:42:56 PST 2001

Misquoted from Wolfgang Arendt on 2001/01/27 at 13:45 +0000:
> Ladies and gentlemen,
>
> trying to compile ispell I got the following errror:

snipped: 4 fixes to the source

I tried compiling ispell and gave up. I am using aspell -
not as flashy, but it did not take so much trouble to install.

http://download.sourceforge.net/aspell/aspell-.32.6.tar.gz

You will need pspell. It compiles without problems.
aspell required a small correction:

    for file in $(find . -name '*.cc'); do
      echo '#include <ap_config.h>' >${file}~
      cat $file >>${file}~
      mv ${file}~ $file
    done

This correction is probably a little heavy handed, but after
all those failed attempts with ispell, I was a bit short
tempered.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org