Aspell & Aspell installation ( was: need help compiling ispell (spell-checker) )

Sergey Ostrovsky sergey at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 27 13:02:58 PST 2001

> I tried compiling ispell and gave up. I am using aspell -
> not as flashy, but it did not take so much trouble to install.
<--- snip

Thanks for the info. I was missing a spell checker badly since i switched to
Konqueror & Kmail :).
I just downloaded and installed these pspell and Aspell,
everything works fine. And, to my surprise, I did not need to insert these
#include(s) you mentioned. Both pspell and Aspell were configured with
--prefix=/usr/local. Perhaps the author really tested his config just for
/usr/local, and you have something different ?
Just FYI.

PS:
Why Aspell, not aspell ? Well, aspell thinks so ...

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org