Aspell & Aspell installation ( was: need help compiling ispell (spell-checker) )

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 03:36:17 PST 2001

Misquoted from Sergey Ostrovsky on 2001/01/27 at 16:02 +0000:
> > I tried compiling ispell and gave up. I am using aspell -
> > not as flashy, but it did not take so much trouble to install.
> <--- snip
>
> Thanks for the info. I was missing a spell checker badly since i switched to
> Konqueror & Kmail :).
> I just downloaded and installed these pspell and Aspell,
> everything works fine. And, to my surprise, I did not need to insert these
> #include(s) you mentioned. Both pspell and Aspell were configured with
> --prefix=/usr/local. Perhaps the author really tested his config just for
> /usr/local, and you have something different ?
> Just FYI.

Configure options were:

      --prefix=/usr     --sharedstatedir=/var/cache --infodir=/usr/share/info\
      --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var        --mandir=/usr/share/man\
      --enable-dict-dir=/usr/share/dict/aspell      --enable-shared\
      --enable-doc-dir=/usr/share/doc/apsell        --disable-static\
      --with-gnu-ld

I will try taking some of those out and see what happens.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org