LS-120 & devfs ( was : devfs - a question )

C.D.McDiarmid cliffy at cliffhangers.screaming.net
Mon Jan 29 07:46:41 PST 2001

> So, I got something very similar to
> your log when there was no floppy in the gadget installed.
> Is this the log while with or without floppy in LS-120 ?
>
> Sergey Ostrovsky

Okay. I've just returned to a kernel configured for the ATAPI Floppy driver,
because I suddenly realized what's been wrong all along.   I now feel a
plonker.   Have you ever missed something Sergey so simple that you feel
you've wasted everybody's time?   Well I have and do.    All I had to do was
to leave the floppy in the drive at boot-up time and the devices(hdd, hdd1,
hdd2 etc) were created in /dev straight away and the drive subsequently
worked.   No need for SCSI emulation or any of that.

I've had to change my boot-up sequence(the A drive was checked before any
others), but other than that it's done.   Thanks to everybody who
contributed.   I'm off to the funny farm.

MAC

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org