[OT] Where do the distros find their howtos???

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Mon Jan 29 14:26:58 PST 2001

On the weekend I was looking at some of the stuff on a Mandrake 7.2
installation.  When I got to the howtos, I was pleased to find that it
included Linux From Scratch.  But that soon changed when I saw that they
included version 1.3!  I would have thought that they would have at least
had LFS 2.2 or perhaps 2.4.  I guess that explains why there's a lot of new
LFSers are using obsolete versions of the book.

Things like this just make me wonder.  If the howtos are so out of date, I
wonder how old all the other packages are (well, with the exception of
bleeding-edge stuff like RH7...)?  I guess having up to date packages is yet
another benefit of LFS.  =)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org