Can't log into ssh

scott thomason scott at industrial-linux.org
Mon Jan 29 18:15:25 PST 2001

Here's some things to try (since I recently had trouble myself):
- make sure openssh is compiled with the --without-pam and --with-md5-passwords options
- make sure you have configured networking, including the "lo" interface on 127.0.0.1 (I just had my nic set up)
- make sure you have set up something reasonable in /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf, and /etc/resolv.conf

taking care of these items got me thru two problems and in.
---scott

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org