GCC 2.95.2 problems

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 29 20:08:24 PST 2001

> I've read through the archives and I see other people have had similiar
> problems.  The only difference with my system and what the book says is
> I'm trying to use glibc-2.2.1.  I also see someone mentioned something
> about patching gcc-2.95.2 for glibc-2.2.1, but I don't see the patch
> anywhere.  the static gcc compiled without problems on my SuSE 7.0
> system, but the compilation while under the chroot system, dies as
> stated above.  Can one help me here?

The patch to gc has been removed from the lfs sites in favour of an
updated gcc package: gcc-2.95.2.1 which replaces gcc-2.95.2

You can find the download links at http://gcc.gnu.org (ftp.gnu.org is
outdated regarding gcc).

It's also on the lfs ftp server under new-in-cvs/gcc-2.95.2.1.tar.bz2

ftp://packages.linuxfromscratch.org/pub/new-in-cvs/gcc-2.95.2.1.tar.bz2

also get the fileutisl patch from
/pub/new-in-cvs/fileutils-4.0.patch.bz2

--
Gerard Beekmans