LFS success

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Tue Jan 30 00:42:49 PST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Paul wrote:

> At last I should be able to join the many LFS'ers.
>
> At the weekend I trashed my RedHat system and moved over to a fully
> customised LFS system which is almost there....
>
> Just though I'd let everyone know that it does work..!!

It does indeed.

After compiling LFS, I had to return once to Storm2000. Since then I have
rebooted once, when I compiled a 2.4 kernel, and uptime is now 27 days.
There are still things I need to add, and on occasion I have (hanging my
head in shame) just copied binaries over from the Storm drive.

Probably the most useful addition to the LFS book would be a list of
[links to] resources for building on it. (Not to take any time away from
development of the basic LFS; other people should work on it.)

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org