Problem chroot'ing

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 30 12:18:19 PST 2001

On January 29, 2001 11:34 pm, you wrote:
> the "ldd" also gives the same error message "ldd: No such file or
> directory"   The weird thing is, I can run the bash shell without any
> problem.  The file is there.  I see it, with all the correct
> permissions.

Eh, if ldd $LFS/bin/bash says bash isn't there, then bash isn't there. What
does 'ls $LFS/bin/bash' say? (make sure $LFS is set, or use the absolute path)

> I had trouble linking the ncurses library into bash.  Could this have
> something to do with it?  Oh, and I did statically link bash when I
> compiled it.

well it can be a problem if bash isn't linked statically. But if the file
itself is missing, it'll never work

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org