HOWTO: install info pages?

John E Garrott Sr johnga at primenet.com
Tue Jan 30 13:07:03 PST 2001

Jan Stifter wrote:

SNIP

> btw: do you like info-pages? i liked man-pages much more... everything
> on one page... but this is maybe, because i am a dummy and don't no
> how to work with info-pages.
>
> cheers jan
> ---
> >I placed the following in my rc.local file and it is creating havoc.
> Try "rm havoc".
>                                from the qmail mailing-list.
>
> --

Since Mr Lightman replied to the first part (snipped)
of the message, I'll skip it.

Answer to the second part:
NO!  I don't like them.  If you have to use them
get tkinfo.  (I've lost the URL, but a search
on freshmeat should turn it up).  Yes, it requires
you to have TCL/TK installed, but it does make
info pages almost useful.

Good luck,

John

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org