glibc 2.2.1 & make check

Gian Piero Sala gpierosala at galactica.it
Tue Jan 30 17:42:37 PST 2001

I'm trying to recompile glibc 2.2.1 inside my brand new LFS system (TB 900)
with (p)gcc 2.95.2.1. I've used the same CFLAGS from my first building (cap.
5), and different flags combinations (quite conservative ones, anyways),
including no CFLAGS and go-with-default-set. No way. 'make check' always
aborts in math tests, reporting some failed 'float' and 'double' test. The
original libraries were compiled with gcc 2.96.?? from RH7 and no test
failed.
Has any 'check-maker' run into the same problem?

- Gian Piero
--
       ,,,,
      /'^'\
 .oooO                    zeox <- at -> gpsala at tin.it
 (   ) Oooo.      penguin inside (linux 2.4.0) - pNETsnd #:))
   \_)  ) /
       (_/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org