HOWTO: install info pages?

Sergey Ostrovsky sergey at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 30 18:01:31 PST 2001

I also did not like info.
Until I discovered that its interface is actually a subset of emacs.
Aside of being ugly ( my very personal perception ) is is extremely powerful.
In info you can even split the terminal viewport on several independent areas
( Ctrl-x 2 ), change input focus between them. What about incremental search
( Ctrl - i ), when you can search through all your info - files... There are
much more commands available.
I guess not everyone knows that. It worth trying.

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org