stupid kernels

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Wed Jan 31 06:46:26 PST 2001

The problem with all distros is that a kernel is compiled to work with that
distro.  You need to figure out what they need, what patches they applied to
the source, where the kernel should go, etc, before you recompile a kernel
from new source.  On Slackware, things are a bit easier - as everything is
loaded from /etc/rc.d/rc.modules.  You really learn the system fast using
Slackware.

With LFS - you can do it anyway you like - and you will know ahead of time
what affects it will have.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net