strange wine error

Tushar Teredesai tush at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 23:36:36 PDT 2002

DJ Lucas wrote:

>"Tushar Teredesai"  wrote in message
>

>>The -O3 are the flags that were set when Perl was compiled. Check out
>>the following thread for more information.
>>

><http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2002/07/0547.
>html>
>

>>The fix is also available in the same thread.
>>

>Tush..is this what that thread was about?  If you got a copy of the
>source lying around, I don't right now, but it only happens in this
>directory.  Check what I said above.  It's either the first or second
>line in winetest/Makefile  something to the effect IIRC of
>SomeLdFlagsVariable='-somelib -someotherlib -somethingelse $CFLAGS'  or
>something  to that effect.  I simply removed the CFLAGS or the commented
>the line..It's been quite a while since I did that tho, and I don't have
>the source handy to check it out.  No wait..LDFLAGS includes the
>variable ccflags..thats what it was..don't know why, but remove the
>ccflags from the Second line in the Makefile and it compiles fine.  This
>seemed to be quite obviously a mistake to me...why would ccflags variabe
>be put in LDFLAGS???  Is this definately a problem with perl?  I
>guestimated it to be a configure script problem in that dir.  I'll go
>back and read the thread agian.

Yep. I traced it to Perl since that was the only thing I had upgraded
between my two compilations of Wine. You are right, there is no need to
ccflags in LDFLAGS, I don't know why it is there. Anyways that led me
back to the difference in the configuration generated by ./configure.gnu
and ./Configure scripts.

--
Tushar Teredesai
LFS ID: 1377