ALSA & OSS

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Aug 2 12:06:34 PDT 2002

""Mark Williams (MWP)""  wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I need to use a sound processing app that only supports ALSA.
> The problem is my sound card (Aureal) is only suported by OSS.
>
> Is there any way i can make this work?
>
> Thanks,
>  MWP

You didn't specifically mention which Aureal card it is but I'm suspecting
that this is an older card?  If so your using an app, especially if it only
supports ALSA, that pobably would benefit greatly from having a better
soundcard.  I can get OEM SBLive! 5.1's here in STL (dependant seemingly on
the time of the month) for 28-36 USD each.  So not that expensive to
upgrade.  OTOH if My speculation above is wrong and this is a newer card,
then I have no suggestion for ya...check www.alsa-project.org and see if
there are plans to include it on down the line.  I remember waiting about a
whole month for ALSA to add support for the SBLive! so hopefully they'll add
support for this case as well.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org