installwatch.txt hint.

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 2 18:11:58 PDT 2002

Hey all,

Lately I've been thinking about my installwatch.txt hint. I've been
toying with the idea of implementing a --package option onto my nuke
script so that you can backup and compress a program that you've
installed.

This would be intended more for somebody who either a) wants to backup
their installed progs, or b) wants to install a number of identical
LFS's on a number of identical computers, without having to recompile
every program on every computer (you could compile it once and package
it, then move it over to all the other computers and unpackage it
there). It wouldn't really be intended for distributing precompiled
packages between users, but it could be used as such if the program was
compiled with the right optimizations and the destination computer is
compatible.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there was any interest in this; if
there isn't, I'm going to put it off in favor of some other things that
I'm working on.

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/