Compiling EsounD

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Sat Aug 3 01:43:03 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 19:03, James Drabb wrote:
    > I'd put in esddsp.c a ''# define RTLD_NEXT ((void *) -1l)'' an esound
    > compiles ok.
    >
    > I do not agree to modify things that I don't understand
    > ...but I wants
    > to have sound support :-)
    >

    > --
    > ------------
    > Horacio

    You did the right thing.  You could also use grep like:

    grep -r 'RTLD_NEXT' /usr/include/*

    Then look for the file that RTLD_NEXT is defined in and just
    add a #include to that file in the offending source file.

    Sometime just adding "# define RTLD_NEXT ((void *) -1l)" is not
    the best way becuase RTLD_NEXT might be #defined differently
    depending on different factors.

The main problem is that, the only include file having it defined is
/usr/include/dlfcn.h in fact this file is already defined in esddsp.c
but....there is one space between the ''#'' and the word ''declare
....''.
there are too many stranger things leading me to think that there exist
a too little people that compiles esound !!! ;-)  I do not imagine how
other people compiles 2.0.8 before now...

I have a MDK 8.2 with E16 working fine but it has been installed by
Mandrake and have no problems of esound nor other things!

Regards

--
Horacio

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org