Compiling EsounD

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat Aug 3 12:23:47 PDT 2002

On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 10:43:03AM +0200, Horacio Ferrero wrote:
> there are too many stranger things leading me to think that there exist
> a too little people that compiles esound !!! ;-)  I do not imagine how
> other people compiles 2.0.8 before now...

It's not strange, it's business. Redhat, Mandrake, and the likes are
very secretive about their patches until they want to upgrade. Then they
send patches to the developers and snatch up the next version when it
hits. I've been told by a few developers that Debian is the most likely
to submit patches, and they don't do it very quickly themselves. I guess
there is something to be said about competition in the OS markets.

--
Archaic

--
You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it
will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it

- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org