Top do not work

Joel sk8tr425 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 17:06:39 PDT 2002

Hello. I'm not exactly a Linux guru, but I'll try to help you with this
problem...

Two things I thought of:
(1) Did you enable proc filesystem support in your kernel when you built it?
Check in /usr/src/linux/.config and see if you have a line that reads:
"CONFIG_PROC_FS=y". If not, you might need to recompile your kernel with
proc filesystem support enabled.

(2) Do you have a line in /etc/fstab that reads:
"proc    /proc    proc    defaults    0    0"
If not, you probably need one.

If all else fails, try recompiling the procps-2.0.7 package. Hope this
helps.