XFree86 and Radeon

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sat Aug 3 21:45:28 PDT 2002

On Sunday 04 August 2002 01:35, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
> I had a problem like this, and didn't relly find how to resolved it
> but my X server start well now...
>
> Wen I start it, I have this message: @hostname: unknow host at .  If I
> dont start dhcpcd before launching XFree, it take a long time to
> start.  But if I make my internet connexion first, it is ok. (But the
> message stay here...)  I dont know if that can help you ...

X issues the "hostname" command to figure out the hostname. You
apparently have an @ in your hostname, so you should cange it to
something simpler. If that doesn't help, try changing the hostname from
the /etc/sysconfig directory, it's defined in one of those files. Also
don't forget /etc/hosts.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans