XFree86 and Radeon

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Sun Aug 4 08:23:22 PDT 2002

> >/etc/hosts ==> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
> >/etc/sysconfig/network ==> HOSTNAME=Celeron
> >/bin/hostname -f ==> hostname: Unknow host
> Second, you need to have an entry in /etc/hosts that ties the hostname
> to your IP address.  For example:
>
> 192.168.0.1  celeron.domain.net celeron
>
> Note: hostname -f picks up the FQDN from /etc/hosts so you need both the
> FQDN and the local (short) name in the hosts file.
>
>   -- Bruce
>
> --

I noticed that when I run /bin/hostname I get ==> Celeron
But if I add -f (/bin/hostname -f) I get the previous error message ==> hostname: Unknow host

I tried to add a line in /etc/hosts but that didnt change anyting ==> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain Celeron

Sory for my stupidity, but I have a big problem to understand how all this work...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org