XFree86 and Radeon

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Sun Aug 4 12:02:26 PDT 2002

On Sunday 04 August 2002 20:50, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
> > > Can I replace
> > > 192.168.0.2 celeron.mydomain.org celeron by
> > > 192.168.0.2 celeron.localhost.localdomain celeron
> > > ???
> >
> > You can try it, but I *think* it will interfere with the loopback
> > interface (127.0.0.1) since that has the same FQDN. You can change
> > mydomain.org to something more to your taste (for example, my
> > machines are all at mystery.inc).
>
> I changed it and still recive the same error.. Thx anyway

Lemme see if I can get this straight. /etc/hosts contains:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.2 celeron.mydomain.org celeron

/etc/sysconfig/network contains:
HOSTNAME=celeron

At this point, you should restart your network. Run "telinit single" and
from there, "telinit 3" (if that doesn't work, my apologies; I'm using
a different init-system but you can also reboot). What does
/bin/hostname -f say? It should be: celeron.mydomain.org
If it doesn't, you should reinstall the net-tools package since I
suspect you're using the /bin/hostname from sh-utils, which doesn't
understand the -f switch.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans